Singhania System Technologists Pvt. Ltd. supplies Carbon Dioxide (CO2) based Inertisation systems with of CO2 cylinder batteries. CO2 is an internationally accepted inertising and fire suppression medium. The inertisation systems designed and manufactured by Singhania System Technologists Pvt. Ltd. follow NFPA 12/ IS 6382 guidelines for fire suppression systems.
CO2 Inertisation System
Carbon dioxide has many advantages as a fire extinguishing Agent. It is non-corrosive and non-conductor of electricity. Being dry it does not damage or even wet the material or machinery upon which it is discharged. The CO2 passes through pipes and is discharged at the hazard. It functions by reducing the oxygen to a point where fire can no longer exist.
CO2 can be used to extinguish most type of fires, including flammable liquid hazardous, deep-seated fires and electrical equipment fires. CO2 extinguishes the fire by reducing the oxygen content of the atmosphere to a point where it will not support combustion. By reducing the oxygen content it extinguishes the majority of surface fires.
CO2 is stored in cylinders at 60 kg/cm² (g) pressure at 60o F as a liquid. When released, the stored pressure acts as a propellant. Singhania System Technologists Pvt. Ltd. offers a complete packaged CO2 based inertisation solution consisting of CO2 cylinder batteries, inertisation headers with nozzles and mounting pads, interconnecting piping, directional valves, temperature sensors, alarms and manual call points. The CO2 cylinders are mounted with specialized solenoid valves which can be remotely energized to start the release of CO2. They system is fully redundant, with main and standby CO2 batteries to allow for refilling/replacement of emptied CO2 cylinders. Optionally, as required by customer, a third transit battery can also be supplied. A Weighing system (consisting of either load cells or weigh switches) is also provided to identify empty CO2 cylinders and batteries. A control panel monitors signals from the temperature and to automatically purge the cylinders, in case temperatures/ CO rise beyond the pre-established set point. The operation philosophy of the inertisation system is kept in line with the NFPA 12/ IS 6382.
- Fully automated inertisation with no manual intervention required
- Purging system designed and manufactured in accordance with international standards, NFPA 12 or IS 6382
- Suitable for electrical systems as the inertising medium (CO2) is non-conducting at purging temperatures
- Compete redundant system ensures immediate availability of CO2 gas, even after purging
- Eliminates deep seated fires along with surface fires
- Continuous automatic temperature monitoring
- Can be optimized for inertising multiple equipment with same set of cylinder batteries
- Availability of CO2 monitored via battery/ cylinder weighing system
Singhania System Technologists Pvt. Ltd. also offers Storage Tank based CO2 purging/Fire suppression system as an alternative to High pressure CO2 cylinder based system.
The Low pressure CO2 is stored as a liquid at approximately 300 psi and 0o F. It is maintained around this pressure by mechanical refrigeration. The refrigeration system cools and condenses CO2 vapor in the vapor space of the unit, thus converting it to liquid and reducing the pressure. The storage tank is well insulated, keeping to a minimum the heat transfer to the CO2 from the warmer ambient air of the storage location. The storage Tank has a liquid level gauge designed to continuously monitor the amount of CO2 storage.
- Fully automated system and no manual intervention required
- Purging system designed and manufactured in accordance with NFPA 12/ IS 6382
- Suitable for periodical purging as per operator requirement
- Re-filling is possible with unloading tanker